Vale_Kenny on Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:11:01 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Ya know, it's a shame..

out or resources = lotsa programs with lotsa handles open..too many for NT to
track..impossible to cure without OS overhaul
Nick - 1) don't know what you're doing on your system, but I lock that system at
least once a week, and usually more.  'course, i'm running alot of wierd apps,
which doesn't help.
     2)   3/4 of world use--Marketing, and luck, history...if anyone wants the
whole sorrid story, i'll oblige
     3)  I was Sr. NT LAN admin at a major financial house, capability on my
part is not a question.  M$ needs to get out of the OS market and stick with
apps.
     4) I'd hesitate to question the abilities of many on this list, especially
since several of us are ex NT Admins, and can move b/t platforms with ease...

Peace (usually),
Vale

DUCK everyone "it" is gonna start to fly!!

I have windows 98 running on a box with 256MB of memory (don't ask why it
just happend) but to make a long story short when I boot 98 it uses 70% to
80% on boot up alone - if I open outlook, free agent and netscape it runs
out of resources - problem I think so!!

my $00.02

Drew