Kyle Burton on Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Distritubtion Question

I personaly don't think so.  I've done a simple litle os project, and use
the cross platform tar.gz source archive as the base.  Once I've got this,
it's easy for me to crete an rpm - based on the source archive.  The
rpm isn't really anything other than convienience for those who don't want
to futz with the source archives -- or for those who want to be able to
maintain it through a package manager.

I'd assume that doing a .deb, or other type of package runs along
the same lines.

"The whole world is about three drinks behind."
    -- Humphrey Bogart