tburba on Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:44:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] clock

What is sudo? I get a "command not found".

>>Then run this as root:
>>sudo hwclock --utc --systohc

cjf@netaxs.com on 07/19/99 09:55:09 PM

Please respond to plug@lists.nothinbut.net

To:   plug@lists.nothinbut.net
cc:    (bcc: Thomas A Burba/USVISION)
Subject:  Re: [Plug] clock

Hi,
When connected to the Internet run this program as root:
/usr/sbin/rdate -p monet.op.net
Or read the man page for the date command and set the date the hard,
manual way.
Then run this as root:
sudo hwclock --utc --systohc
That should solve your problem.
Time: 10 minutes
On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 03:28:54AM +0100, Sandy wrote:
> >     dear members,
> >
> >           my hardware clock keeps getting messed up by the linux
system.
> > i can set the clock and leave it  for 24 hours. the time is
consistent..
> >  as soon as i load linux the time  set in lthe bios clock is affected.
> the clock keeps becoming prgressively more incorrect. .( i have the
> hardware clock set for 6 hours ahead (geenwich time).
> >
> >          how do i correct this?
> >
> >       sandy

Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com        |  Explorer in Universe
                  "Dare to be Na?ve" -- Bucky Fuller