Jason S. on Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:48:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] permissions, etc.

Xhost is a security hole. On a system with more than one user it lets
anyone read/write your keyboard/display. If its a stand alone box, then
its not such a big deal. A better way to do is would be to use xauth.
That gets old after a while, ssh (as suggested) is a great way to do it
transparently.

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.