Greg Lopp on Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:54:49 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] find command

Let me see if I understand this...someone please correct me if my
logic is off.  If you type :

find / -name httpd*

the shell will first process the http* in the current directory and
pass the list of files it found to the find command.  You would be
doing the equivalent of one of these :

find / -name httpd
find / -name httpda httpdb httpdc httpdd
find / -name

If you do as Kyle has suggested and type :

find / -name "httpd*"

the shell will pass http* into find as-is as a parameter, returning
what you wanted.

I apologize in advance for any Outlook related crap that gets sent
with this mail.