Vale_Kenny on Tue, 27 Jul 1999 12:04:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Compaq Prosignia

If I remember correctly, (I haven't checked, and I'm not sure) CPQ's EISA
subsystem is not supported by Linux.  I had a Proliant 2500 with Linux, (RH 5.2)
and I think the NIC I had to rip out and put in a PCI, same for the SCSI card.
But, I can't remember clearly, it was a pretty chaotic time.  It's unusual to me
to have both EISA and PCI in the same machine, which is why I am doubting
myself.
Peace,
Vale

tburba@GLCORPIS01.usvision.com on 07/27/99 11:57:24 AM