Kevin Falcone on Thu, 29 Jul 1999 02:58:36 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Inability to send e-mail to IPs

  MW> I'm using smail with Debian potato, and I can't seem to be able
  MW> to send e-mail to an ip address.  The same e-mail can be sent if
  MW> the respective ip address's domain name is used.
  MW> Any thoughts on what's wrong?

Have you enclosed the IP address in square brackets?  If you are going
to send to just an IP, you need to do it like this.

kevinfal@[158.130.64.177] instead of kevinfal@seas.upenn.edu

-kevin

--
Kevin Falcone <kevinfal@seas.upenn.edu>
"Phnglui mgwlnafth Cthulhu rlyey wghnagl fthagn." "In his flat in Bromley,