Nick R on Thu, 5 Aug 1999 02:30:06 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] (no subject)

I recently ran out of room on my 3 gig HD (hdb) and decided to cut out the fat as it were on my 8.4 gig HD (hda) that I haven't booted up into for at least a month. I went into fdisk, created a swap partition on hda1 & the rest I made into a Linux Native partition as hda2. I then did a df just to check it out and this is the bizarre result:

Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/hdb2            2923729 2813967        0    100%   /
/dev/hda2            2923729 2813967        0    100%   /mnt/hda2

I have no idea what's going on here, but if somebody could help me figure it out, then I'd really appreciate it considering I get a dozen or so messages to /var/spool/mail/root telling my my system had trouble writing log files because it ran out of space. I've freed up some as you can see, but I'd like to get some more room.

Actually, I may have some clue. I forgot to format it and mounted /dev/hda2 on /mnt/hda1 (I had no hda2 directory). I got a segmentation fault, tried again, and got it to mount. Then I remembered I hadn't formatted it, umounted it, and did so. I was unable to mount it back on /mnt/hda1. I get:
mount: /dev/hda2 already mounted or /mnt/hda1 busy
Maybe that has something to do w/ it.

Oh, & did I mention my odd memory problem? Maybe I'll touch on that later.