Michael Whitman on Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:35:28 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] mod_auth_mysql and apache

I am trying to compile the mod_auth_mysql module into my Apache server.  I
am runining red hat 6.0

First I compile the module itself (I think that is what I am doing) using
the commands './configure' and 'make'.

After I am finished with the make I get these instructions (intermingled
with my comments)...

 In order to proceed, please edit the Apache Configuration file:

 1.  Add '-lmysqlclient' to the EXTRA_LIBS= line
 2.  Add '-L/usr/src/mysql-3.22.25/lib' to the EXTRA_LFLAGS= line

--- This one is problematic.  In my Apache Configuration file (I am running
1.3.6 - compiled myself, not from an rpm)  there is no EXTRA_LFLAGS. There
is an EXTRA_LDFLAGS.  Also  there is no /usr/src/mysql-3.22.23/lib.  The
mysql-3.22.23 directory in the is the uncompressed tar file I dled.  I did
not however use this file to install mysql.  I used rpms.  I even installed
the developers mysql rpm, but there is no *mysql*/lib anywhere on the system

3.  Add '-I/usr/src/mysql-3.22.25/include' to the EXTRA_CFLAGS= line
 4.  At the bottom of the file, add the line:

 Module auth_mysql_module mod_auth_mysql.o

--- there is no auth_mysql_module OR mod_auth_mysql.o files anywhere on my
system.  Can somebody explain what the above statement means?

Michael P. Whitman
Online Services Developer
American Lawyer Media
PaLAWnet - DeLAWnet