umweber on Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:59:07 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Executing CGI Scripts outside cgi-bin

Apache will let you have virtual domains with the same ip, but different
names. For example, the box I am sitting at right now has 4 domains
pointing to it's ip, and apache serves all of their webpages, in addition
to that, some domains have subdomains, for example admin.mydomain.org,
which also point to the same ip.  Apache decides which VirtualHost to
display by the name typed into the browser, and I believe if you just type
in the ip, you will get the main server.
http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/index.html has a whole bunch of other
stuff about Virtual Hosts

--
Michelle Weber