Jason S. on Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Sandy's fetchmail problem

Weird. Anyways, I dont think this is a sendmail or fetchmail specific
problem. Fetchmail cant connect to main.GREENFIELDMFG.COM. Make sure
it exists in your hosts file (or your local name server is setup
correctly). Then, once you're logged in, check your networking setup.

Telnet to main.GREENFIELDMFG.COM on port 25. See if you connect. You
should get a connection to sendmail. Try sending mail. Type the
following commands after you connect:

helo localhost
mail from:<sandy@localhost>
rcpt to:<sandy@main.GREENFIELDMFG.COM>
data
Subject:Test message
body of text goes here.
 .

You should see something like this.......
telnet whatever.domain.com 25
Trying 10.16.232.228...
Connected to whatever.domain.com
Escape character is '^]'.
220 whatever.domain.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.9.3/8.9.3; Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:55:50 -0400
helo localhost
250 whatever.domain.com Hello IDENT:jason@whatever.domain.com [10.16.232.224], pleased to meet you
mail from:<jason@localhost>
250 <jason@localhost>... Sender ok
rcpt to:<jason@localhost>
250 <jason@localhost>... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Subject: Test
body of text
 .
250 IAA06841 Message accepted for delivery

I suspect its a network issue. If its not that, it may be that sendmail
doesnt know its supposed to accept mail for main.GREENFIELDMFG.COM. If
you get an error that's something like "mx record points back to myself"
then you dont have the domain listed in your sendmail.cw.

I kind of doubt its fetchmail. I've used too many versions under varying
conditions. Its always worked rather well.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

Jd points back to myself"
then you dont have the domain listed in your sendmail.cw.

I kind of doubt its fetchmail. I've used too many versions under varying
conditions. Its always worked rather well.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

ad points back to myself"
then you dont have the domain listed in your sendmail.cw.

I kind of doubt its fetchmail. I've used too many versions under varying
conditions. Its always worked rather well.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

sd points back to myself"
then you dont have the domain listed in your sendmail.cw.

I kind of doubt its fetchmail. I've used too many versions under varying
conditions. Its always worked rather well.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

Jason Stelzer (jason@survivalnet.com)
"Today's robots are very primitive, capable of understanding only a few
 simple instructions such as 'go left', 'go right', and 'build car'."
 --John Sladek