Charles Stack on Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:45:10 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Oracle 8 under Linux

Do you think it's stable enough to put in a "black box" configuration?  By
"BB" I mean access be via a telnet account.  The only access "users" will
have to the box is via a Windows client.

Are the tools for Oracle 8.0.5 graphical or command line or both?

Thanks,

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Edward J. Sager
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 7:40 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Oracle 8 under Linux

We have been running Oracle 7.2.2 under SCO 5.0.2 for about 2 years.  We
put up 8.0.5 on a Linux box and it works fine and all data and
applications ported without a hitch.  Oracle is very responsive to
tuning so it wouldn't be fair to compare performance at this time but
first blush indicates it performs as well or better.  Administration is
done through all the standard tools so we didn't really see a difference
which is probably a compliment to Oracle.