Morgan Wajda-Levie on Sun, 15 Aug 1999 13:10:07 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] GTK for Python

Inspired by Mike Ryan's little talk, I decided that I should take the
time to learn Python.  I noticed that Python does have wrapper modules
for gtk, and have decided that maybe I'll learn gtk using Python.

I like the way that PyGTK works, but whenever I run a program, it
gives me the following error many times:

Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1: undefined symbol: gdk_display

I know this is not an issue with my code as it happens with all of the
included example programs as well.  The program still runs, but I
don't like having to redirect stderr to /dev/null every time I run the
program.

I'm using Debian potato.

Any ideas?

--