Kyle Burton on Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:11:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Proxy Server

all of those protocols (ftp/telnet) are clear text, so when you're
sending your username/password to the proxy, if someone on yor LAN is
snooping all the traffic goign by (like the stuff destined for the proxy),
the can snoop your uname/pass...with things like back orifice out there,
I'd be lothe to use these servies.

stick with ssh and the like

The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it.
    -- John Gilmore