Brent R. Matzelle on Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:23:22 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Proxy Server

What you described would be the logical thing for the
MS Proxy Server to do, but they must have configured
it different somehow.  Every computer on campus that
wishes to access http and ftp has to have the proxy
client installed or nothing works.  I can't understand
it myself.  Our network administrator doesn't have a
college education or any formal computer training so I
suppose that his inexperience is causing the problem.
Is there some sort of configuration adjustment that
you know of that (even) he could perform that would
eliminate this problem?  That would be the greatest of
help.  --Brent