Andrew Libby on Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:14:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Linux and Home Banking. -Reply

Actually, I was a Meridan customer; I was a very happy
Meridan customer.  I spent a few years cursing CoreStates,
and threatening to leave.  When FU took over, that was all
of the  FU I could take.  I'm strictly small local bank
and credit union material these days.  Credit Unions
(IMHO) are the best bet around.  Higher interest rates,
lower fees, though probably not as on the tech-edge as
their large bank competitors.

Andy

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:23:22PM +0000, John McKee wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:12:09 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Shana H. Pote wrote:
> >> I use First Union, and think they're excellent.
> >
> >I think they suck.
> >Probably the worst bank around.
> >When they took over Corestate they really screwed the pooch.
>
> As evidenced by the 400,000 (20% of) Corestates customers that "bailed" after the FU takeover,and
> the resignation of the FU VP who was in charge of that acquisition.

  At some point on the tracks outside of Trenton I recognized
  that I was both adult and alone, both conditions upon which
  one can base sudden decisions of bizarre magnitude.

					-Melissa Holbrook Pierson