LeRoy D. Cressy on Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:18:33 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Debian install

Hi John,

I looked at your message concerning a Debian Install.  I assume that you
have made a boot floppy and also setup your harddrive to boot Linux.
When you reboot the machine you should not have any disk in the floppy
drive if you set up for booting off of the harddrive.  If you come back
to the initial install screen I wonder what is happening.

When you reboot for the first time you should be asked a question about
what kind of system you want to have.  My favorite is to choose just a
generic base system.  I don't like the other choices for they load too
much for an initial install.  For instance I saw that for a home system
all of the isdn stuff was loaded.  How many home users have an isdn
phone line to their house?

If you need further help please write or come to the Plug meeting.

Graham, John wrote:

> I'm having a tough time trying to install Debian(slink).  It looks like I

          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037