Jason S. on Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:08:51 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] New Gnome

Hey. Just felt like sharing. Last night while da grrly and I were
doing the IRC thing, I got really bored and decided to upgrade gnome
from the version that came with RH6 to the latest CVS version. While
I was at it, I installed xmms. I'm very glad I did. While the changes
arent earth shattering, they are pretty nice. The applets are more
configureable, there's more of them, and there's some nice new
applications in the cvs tree. I checked out the modules list and
read through it. Anyways, just thought I'd share. I'll know more in
a couple days, but my inital impression is good. I wouldnt recommend
doing this if you're not in the mood for tackleing a possibly complex
job. There's a lot of modules to keep in order....

I was considering doing a writeup, but realized that there was a
"How to compile gnome from source" page already done.

I think maybe the latest QT and KDE release will be next. Anyone
out there on the bleeding edge of KDE?

J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.