Graham, John on Sun, 29 Aug 1999 01:00:14 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Linux compatible ISPs

I use bell at home and I've recently been able to connect to msn(sorry
couldn't resist the free pc) with my ISDN line.  I normally use linuxconf or
netcfg to configure the ppp adapter and add bell's DNS entries.  I've had
problems with being able to connect/login and not have access to anything.
I could ping my adapter but nothing beyond that.  I would leave my machine
come back later and everything would be fine, as a matter of fact it
happened today, but this time I was using kppp to dial in.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Brown
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Sent: 8/28/99 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Plug] Linux compatible ISPs

I use Bell at work, and I have trouble connecting up to the with their
ISDN sometimes.  I think their network is messed up.  But as for linux,
dont think you should have too much trouble.  I know Bell feeds you both
the IP address and the DNS numbers, I am not sure if that is causing too
much of a problem.  What method is this person using to connect?  Are
they
making chat scrips or are they using kppp or gnomes dialer?  Do you know
where they are having the problem, at what point they are running into
the
roadblock? If you can give me a little more info I may be able to help.

--
-Rune

Einsteins theory of Relativity mean that no matter what direction you go
in life you have a relative that has a theory...

In the Depths of the minds of the insane Fantasy and Reality are the
same...