Bill Jonas on Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:22:04 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Help with X installation

I've installed Slackware 4.0 using ZipSlack and Linux 2.2.6 in a UMSDOS
partition, and I'm trying to install XWindows.  I've downloaded all (I
think) of the relevant packages from
ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/slackware/slakware/x1 and installed them using
installpkg (cd to the directory, and "#installpkg *.tgz"), but when I try to
run startx, I get the message:  "xinit:  can't load library 'libXmu.so.6'".
I try to run XF86Setup, and it tells me "XF86Setup:  can't load library
'libXaw.so.6'".  xf86config returns a not found error.  I asked for help in
#linuxhelp on the undernet, and someone said I need Xmu.  Is this so?  What
about the XF86Setup error?  Where would I find the Xmu package?  I looked
around on ftp.cdrom.com, but I couldn't find it.  Thanks for any help.

Bill