Joel A. Matz on Fri, 3 Sep 1999 07:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] RE: Path

/etc/profile is where I always put this kind of stuff.  Does your file
not build & export PATH here?

----------
From:   Nick R[SMTP:laktar@hotmail.com]
Sent:   Thursday, September 02, 1999 6:43 PM
To:     plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject:        [Plug] path

I just installed rh5.2 on a computer and discovered that /usr/sbin
wasn't in
the path statement. I know that I could just add it to bashrc, but where
is
it supposed to be in the first place? I thought /etc/profile would be a
good
candidate, but no similar information seems to be there. If anybody
could
tell me where the PATH statements are normally kept and maybe give me a
list
of them (there could be others missing) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Nick Rosen