Sean R. Cummins on Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:04:24 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] exceed & export DISLAY

> is anyone using exceed?  I'm trying to start an xsession on my RH6.0 box, so I
> can do some of the neato stuff they're talking about in the Admin certification
> tutorials I have, and I ccan't seem to get it together.
> under xstart I have the following selecctions...
> rlogin
> XWindow
> command [export DISPLAY=192.168.1.3:0]

Well, I've never actually used eXceed on a Linux system, only Solaris, but
I might be able to help you.  I actually usually use rexec instead of
rlogin (I think I've also used rsh).  For the command, you might want to
try something like this:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -display @d

eXceed just replaces the @d with your display setting.  You should be just
fine running in passive mode as well.