Greg Lopp on Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] URL tracking software

I'm no web expert, but I know that javascript allows you to see when a
document was last modified.  (i.e the document.lastModified method)

So you have a webpage that opens a new window with the first of your 5K
URLs. You also need to give this window a name and set up the onLoad
event handler.  That event handler should write the modified date to the
first window and load the next of your URLs. Once its done, you save the
first window's contents and diff it against yesterday's run.....

Again, I'm no javascript expertand I could be missing some limitation of
the language and this would only work for web pages of a limited
complexity, but could this do what you need?