Mari Orie on Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:06:01 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Caldera 2.3 Upgrade

Hm.  I found this on Caldera's site.  It's for
upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3, which may not apply to you
-- I think you need to just install 2.3 completely,
but I thought others might be interested in this info:

  Is there an update path from 2.2 to 2.3 so that the
configuration files and customization will remain?
  Solution:
  There is an update script included on the cd. To run
the update script, be sure to backup critical system
files first such as your /home,
  /etc configuration files, /var configuration files,
and /usr/local added files. For more information on
the update script, see the
  UPDATE.txt file included on the cdrom.

  We recommend using the latest script available.
Updates for the script are posted in the 2.3 update
section on our ftp site:
  ftp.calderasystems.com/pub/OpenLinux/updates/2.3