Vettese, Nick A on Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:17:26 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Basic Linux

I am looking for an easy language to learn.  I have been studying Visual
Basic 6 and would like an easy curve into Linux programing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael W. Ryan [mailto:mryan@netaxs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 2:08 PM
To: 'plug@lists.nothinbut.net'
Subject: Re: [Plug] Basic Linux

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Vettese, Nick A wrote:

> Does anyone know of a program for Linux similar to VB.  Something I could
> just dive right into with minimal learning involved.

Umm... could you be a bit more descriptive about what you're looking for?
are you looking for the IDE of VB, the massiviely accreted version of
BASIC in VB, or are you looking for a good, easy-to-learn language?

The only one I can recommend for is the last one, and I'd recommend Python
(http://www.python.org).

Now, tell me, did anyone NOt see that one coming? :)

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)