Nick R on Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:19:29 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Gas Blunder

Well yeah, that's all well and good DURING armagedeon, but what about afterwards? Are you really going to want to leave your bomb shelter and venture out into the radioactive wastelands to pick up groceries or do you want to get them online and have them delivered to your door by that attractive 3-breasted UPS delivery woman? And do you want to wait in line to pick up tickets to see Mel Gibson fight some freak w/ a chainsaw to death in a giant cage, or would you rather just get them at ticketmaster.com? Just think about it.

       -Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
71. If I decide to test a lieutenant's loyalty and see if he/she should be
made a trusted lieutenant, I will have a crack squad of marksmen standing by
in case the answer is no.
-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

From: "Vale Kenny" <vkenny@quarterleaf.com>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Gas Blunder
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 06:11:54 -0400

Regardless, considering incredible amount of traffic in the Internet today, and
using technologies that were designed for much lighter throughput, I still
think it freakin' phenomenal. For all intents and purposes, Ohio was nuked out
of existance, and we're still on.
In a true combat situation, there would be far less traffic, and being routed
via Europe wouldn't matter significantly. And no one would be registering DNS
either. ;-)
Ok, back to the topic...Linux

Has anyone tried the 2.3.18 kernel?

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, you wrote: > Yeah, it did route around it, but not particularly well. T > > > -- Peter's Evil Overlord List, > > > http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html > > >