Greg Lopp on Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:32:15 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] expect problem

Kyle Burton wrote:

> What distribution are you running?

It started as Redhat 5.1, but I've upgraded a number of things, including the
kernel to 2.2.11

> Do you have Unix 98 ptys set up on your
> system?

How can I check this when I get home tonight?  I don't know much about ptys other
than "pseudo terminal".

>  Can you run the expect script at root?

No.

> [user@host dir]$ mkfifo x.in
> [user@host dir]$ mkfifo x.out
> [user@host dir]$ ftp < x.out 2>&1 |tee x.in > log.file &
> [user@host dir]$ ./expect_script < x.in > x.out &
> [user@host dir]$ tail -f log.file
>
> or something like that...I forget exactly how I got it to work...if you
> play around with the redirection enough, you should be able to work it out.

Wow, looks interesting.  Should be a lot of fun to play with.