Nick R on Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:30:23 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Ethernet Cards

I finally got a hold of a cable tester and found out that my cat5 cable was good (though for some odd reason the ground test fails. If anybody can explain that one to me, I'd appreciate it). So I think that means el cheapo NIC I'm using doesn't work. So can anybody recomend a good Ethernet card for Linux & the BSDs? I need something good for 10/100BaseT that's relatively cheap and easy to configure. Oh, & rather cheap. & if anybody has one around that they know works well under Linux that they want to unload cheap that would work too.

       -Laktar, a.k.a. Nick Rosen, laktar.dyndns.org

If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord:
91. I will not ignore the messenger that stumbles in exhausted and obviously
agitated until my personal grooming or current entertainment is finished. It
might actually be important.
-- Peter's Evil Overlord List, http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html