Greg Weber on Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:53:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] StarOffice

Greg Lopp wrote:

> Greg Weber wrote:
>
> > I installed StarOffice on my RH6.0 machine as root and everything works
> > fine, but under my normal account I cannot start StarOffice. Probaly
> > something obvious, but I don't see it.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Greg

> The executable (soffice) is off in the bin subdirectory of the
> install.....is it in your path?
>
> (You asked for the obvious....)

I have /usr/local/bin in my path and I have a link from there back
/usr/local/Office51/bin/soffice.  This works for root so I am thinking it is
a permissions problem, but all files seem fine with world read or world read
execute.  When  I try to start StarOffice my machine gets real busy (hard
drive activity) , but then I just get the prompt back.

Greg