ray beckler on Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] StarOffice

Greg Weber wrote:

> I installed StarOffice on my RH6.0 machine as root and everything works
> fine, but under my normal account I cannot start StarOffice. Probaly
> something obvious, but I don't see it.  Any ideas?
>
> Greg

Greg,

I did the same thing.  Installing as root is only for a network/multiuser
install.  There's more than just the executables that need permission
changes.   The files that StarOffice keeps it's user configurable options
in will need write permissions.

I know I'll probably get slammed for this, but in my case, I just did
"find soffice -exec chmod go+rw {} \;" where "soffice" is my install
directory.  Of course, my machine is standalone and I'm the only one who
uses it.   If you're not the only one using it, you must reinstall with
the /net option.

ray