ejn88 on Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:45:21 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Netscape & Java

I read today in 'Linux Unleashed'  second edition - which covers
Red Hat 5.2 - that the kernel is configured to not allow any
experimental code to operate with in it.  You can change this
kernel option to allow experimental code, but the default is no
experimental code.

I am wondering if this is the cause of the Java problems.  Is Java
still experimental and if not did anyone tell the kernel?