Daniel G Roberts on Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:31:30 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Problems with upgrading to RH6.1..X server screen flashes

Hello All

I am trying to upgrade my RH 5.0 installation to RH6.1
When the Xserver starts on my Compaq Deskpro machine..the xserver flashes off
and on.
When I try to use the text version of the installer..I get an error msg
stating that no ext2 filesystem is found on hda1

Some details..I have two hard drives in this box..The first has WinNT for
work..and the second has several different partitions for linux
distributions.
I currently have lilio installed on the MBR of this machine..and can
currently boot NT/Redhat5.1/Caldera

Why is the Redhat6.1 installer having so many problems??..and how do I get
around this?/

Thanks!!!

Dan