Hugh Brock on Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:23:23 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Plug meeting & parking...

Darxus wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Vale Kenny wrote:
>
> > Go down chestnut to 2nd (yeah, I know parts of it are closed, figure it
> > out..Jeez!), make a right.  1/2 block down on your left there is a parking
> > facility, 1 buck from 5PM - 2 AM.

I may be mistaken, but I think it's only $1 if you're going to a movie
at the Ritz and you have them validate it. Otherwise it's going to be
more like $5-$10 (someone correct me vociferously if I'm wrong).

Bottom line from a city dweller: If you get there 15 minutes early and
you don't mind circling for a little while, you *will* find a metered
spot. I've lived in center city for four years and I haven't parked in a
garage in three of them <g>... it's a point of pride...

And yes, you'd go east on Chestnut and take a right on 2nd, which is one
way going south.

I often find parking on 3rd st. north of Market around that time of day,
BTW.

See y'all at the meeting. Was someone going to post an announcement to
the list, BTW, or is this it?

--Hugh