Young, Geoffrey S. on Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:36:20 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] Restricting Web Access

I think your problem is with AuthUserFile.  From the apache docs:

	The AuthUserFile directive sets the name of a textual file
containing the list of users and passwords for user authentication. Filename
is the path to the user file. If it is not absolute (i.e., if it doesn't
begin with a slash), it is treated as relative to the ServerRoot.

Thus /thefold/.htpasswd is looking for /thefold/.htpasswd, not
/home/httpd/html/thefold/.htpasswd, which is probably what you mean?

maybe?

HTH

--Geoff

BTW, in way of introductions, I've been following the list for a while but
haven't made it out to a meeting yet - hopefully, there will be a first time
one of these days ;)  Anywaym, howdy.