Mental on Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:01:26 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] pppd and auto DNS

It can handle it fine, but if you're unwilling to change your
resolv.conf then I dont see how you're going to get it to work.

Here's how I did it. Modify your dialup script to touch a file. I
put mine in /etc/ppp/$connectionname. Then modify /etc/ppp/ip-up to
test the existance of /etc/ppp/$connectionname. Depending on what it
finds (a simple case switch would work, read your init scripts), copy
resolv.provider to resolv.conf. Then modify /etc/ppp/ip-down to clean
up.

If you're unwilling to do that, search freshmeat or see what tools your
distro comes with. RedHat came with a dialup tool doodad that seemed to
work fine for this also.

Mental
--

"you make insanity respectable."