Douglas A. Weber on Sat, 27 Nov 1999 17:41:24 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] plug announce list

I for one would love an announce list

Doug Weber

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Darxus
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 5:32 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: [Plug] plug announce list

There needs to be a plug announce list.  (Assuming my beliefe that there
is none is up to date)

While I was at my last job, I regularly sent out reminders to a group of
people there about plug, about a week before each meeting.  When I left, a
couple of them asked if I'd continue emailing them.

This caused it to sink in that these would not be the only people
uninterested in the day to day noise of the plug list, but would be
interested in an announcements list.

So what needs to be done to make this happen, and does anybody want to
argue ?

I believe somebody brought up the idea before, on this mailing list... but
the people on this mailing list would not be the people who'd be
interested in an announce list... it would be the people who wouldn't be
interested in reading this list that would want an announce list.

             Find the next largest prime, be famous:
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm