plug-announce-admin on Thu, 2 Dec 1999 19:13:36 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] [Plug-Announce] Database book (fwd)

Well, this announce list wasn't configured right when this was sent.
If you folks on the plug list recieve this, consider plug-announce open
for business.

You can subscribe to this list at
http://lists.nothinbut.net/mail/listinfo/plug-announce
(I still haven't figured out if you can subscribe via email).

LeRoy: please put this info on the PLUG page.

-Darxus

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:39:32 -0500
From: plug-announce-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
To: plug-announce@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: [Plug-Announce] Database book

For those of you who may not have been at the meeting last night, here is
the address for the slide presentation that Hugh gave, along with a couple
of book recommendations about Oracle.

Bill
-----------------------------------
> Greg Lopp wrote:
> >
> > There was a short description of a good, general database book as things
were
> > breaking from tonight's meeting.....was the book "The Linux Database" By
Fred
> > Butzen and Dorothy Forbes?
>
> That sounds like it -- Michael?
>
> Philip Greenspun's book (available free online at
> http://photo.net/wtr/thebook, or you can buy it from Amazon) is also
> good reading for people generally interested in relational databases,
> SQL, and the like.
>
> For those who didn't make the meeting last night, you can find my talk
> (along with some links to pages created by people more intelligent than
> I) at

http://wimpy.arsdigita.com/public/presentation-top.adp?presentation_id=23903
&user_id=23802