Michael W. Ryan on Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:24:09 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] A Small Request

Could folks please not post HTML-encoded messages?  Even if your client
provides a plain text version, this version is usually in the Latin 1
character set.

The reason this is an issue is that I'm sure I'm not the only person who
uses pine to read their mail from this list.  While pine will deal with an
ordinary Latin 1 text files by themselves, if the message is a multi-part
MIME file (which is how the HTML + text messages are sent), it forces both
the text and HTML parts to be viewed via its viewer, which is annoying to
have to use.  I think they also look ugly in the archives.

Thanks.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)