Jack Wilkinson on Sun, 5 Dec 1999 11:12:01 -0500 (EST)

RE: [Plug] install fests / demo days

well, I tried to organize a linux demo day a little while ago, and have all
sorts of goodies from linux companies that I can/could use as giveaways,
such as stickers, cd's of distros (which are now outdated, cd's of Applix
SHELF, a retail version of Applix Office, and some other tidbits.  I could
probably get some more recent stuff if we wanted to organize one now, but
the Linux Demo Day is a national movement that had about 200 lug's
participate in the beginning of september.  It ended up that my demo day was
showing about two dozen neighbors, friends, etc. Linux since I couldn't get
much manpower or commercial support, but that could change if PLUG wants to
do one.

we'd need 5 or 6 computers set up serving different functions, ie. a laptop,
a server, a workstation, graphics station, etc. If we got it big, we could
get VA to donate some boxes, and probably the same for Penguin Computing to
raffle off or something after demoing them.  Corel would probably send us a
bunch of stuff too, and the various Linux stores would do the same most
likely.

let me know if we're interested.