Bill Jonas on Thu, 9 Dec 1999 02:08:53 -0500 (EST)

[Plug] Linux @ Micro Center

Hey, just to let everyone know, I got a sweet deal on Slackware 7.0 at Micro
Center at St. Davids.  Official (I'm pretty sure) 4 CD set (that's why I
think it's the official version, as opposed to the 2-CD downloadable
version; that, plus Walnut Creek's logo and information with no "courtesy
of" or "used by permission of") for ~$15.00.  No printed documentation, just
one of those double jewel case thingies, but still a sweet deal.  Slack 4.0
was also there for the same price, as well as a similar RH 6.0 (but this was
the downloadable version), again around $10.00-$20.00.  They also had
FreeBSD, GNU tools, and other stuff like that.  If anybody's interested and
doesn't know where it is, it's Route 30; take Exit 5 on I-476, head west on
30 for ~0.5-1 mile.  It'll be on the left, across from a hotel, in a
shopping center along with a Genaurdi's and a TJ Maxx.

BTW, I'm more interested in Debian, so I asked the clerk if they had it, but
he said he didn't recall seeing it in there before :(.  I'd started out with
Slack, so it's a little near and dear to my heart.  :)  He mentioned the
distros they *did* have, and it seemed that they carried most of the
commercial ones (big surprise).

Just throwing this out, if anyone's interested.

Bill