Santosh Das on Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:32:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] Dialin into my Home Linux Box thru PPP

The Actiontec PCI Modem works fine with Linux.
(Infact Actiontec also has a Linux support page)

I also got it from Circuit City for $99.
(Bit expensive and I am not even using the
voice features)

Santosh

From: "Bill Jonas" <Bill_Jonas@msn.com>
To: <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
Subject: Re: [Plug] Dialin into my Home Linux Box thru PPP
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:29:05 -0500

> I have an Actiontec Call waiting PCI modem in my linux box.
> ( Could not get it to work, so I am hoping some one
> can answer my questions.)

I assume you mean that the modem works fine w/Linux in general, but it just
doesn't answer when you try to dial in? (I had started a reply with
references that most (save for a few) PCI modems are winmodems, but I found
http://www.actiontec.com/products/modems/cwi/index.html which stated that it
was Linux-compatible <g>.) Is this the modem that you have? BTW, I've seen
this one at Circuit City, and I was wondering if it's any good.

Bill