mattybeast on Sat, 18 Dec 1999 05:49:57 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] KDE Mail client..

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Vale Kenny wrote:
> > Does anyome know of a way to share mail folders?
> > for instance I have two accounts for whom I want to share an email folder
> > 'blah'.  I've tried going into folder properties/modify, but I cannot enter and
> > accounts to ssociate the folder with.  I don't even know if this is the correct
> > way of going about this anyway..

I use 2 mail clients also. (netscrape and Kmail)
I chose to combine the 2 folders into 1.
I simply configured netscape's mail client to use
home/matty/Mail as it's folder.
(edit >preferences>mail and newsgroups>mailservers)
netscape seems to insist on using such things as .Drafts.summary
while Kmail calls it .Drafts.index and so on. So I just made some sym links
and it worked fine. The only odd thing is that now both clients show
2 inbox folders 2 draft folders etc.
Having 2 inboxes was not a big deal to me.
It still isn't
			Matt

When a nation's young men are conservative,
it's funeral bell is already rung.	-Henry Ward Beecher  1887