Mental on Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:13:08 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] apache question

Hey. Had a spare few minutes after the ballet. Just saw Nutcracker with
da grrly. It rocked. Packing for NY tomorrow..... I digress.

Your problem is most likely the Options section of your directory
config. Generally speaking directory indexes are undesireable. At least
as far as I'm concerned. I dont like people poking under the hood of
what I present to them. I'm a control freak. What can I say? When
setting up your directory, make sure to put Indexes on the options
line. Thus you'll have an entry something like this:

<Directory /home/apache/prawn>
Options ExecCGI Multiviews Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None # This will break .htaccess files FYI
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

Now, in general I've found answers to just about every single
"How do I" question by either just looking on apache.org's website,
or a simple search of Deja.com. While coming up with some stuff to
cover for next month I realized I'll be pretty much regurgitating whats
already documented. Apache has quite possibly the best documentation
I've come across.

On Sat, Dec 18, 1999 at 04:41:29PM -0500, Michelle Weber wrote:
> either way doesn't work.
>
> --
> Michelle Weber
> umweber@mcs.drexel.edu
>

> On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Nicolai Rosen wrote:
>
> > And is the path entered www.domain.tld/directory or
> > www.domain.tld/directory/
> > ?

> > >"IndexOptions