LeRoy D. Cressy on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 09:45:06 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] image conversion

Hi all,

There are a lot of command line graphic image conversion utilities available in
Linux.  Depending on the distribution that you have will determine what packages
you have to install.

For the Debian system:

libjpeg-progs is the package.  Plus you might want to install the png packages
which also manipulate graphic files.

Nicolai Rosen wrote:

> Does anybody know of a command line utility that I can use to convert images
> (specifically jpeg to bitmap) under Linux? I don't want X to be involved in
> any way. I need to be able to do the conversion just from the command line.

          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		mailto:ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037