mattybeast on Wed, 5 Jan 2000 01:00:46 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] non buffered c program

On Tue, 04 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> i am trying to write a program that counts words and would prefer the user
> not having to hit return.
> i have tried to use setvbuf but it is not working.  does anyone know how to
> use this?

I'm only familiar with good 'ol ANSI C
but just at a glance I believe
you need to define a valid mode for setvbuf
legit values of mode are       _IOFBF
                                        _IONBF
                                        _IOLBF
here's a url that may help get you on track
http://www.introl.com/introl-demo/Libraries/C/ANSI_C/stdio/setbuf.html
the code you sent has issues ........but I digress

I also feel while a bit off  topic it is apropos as I use C every day with my linux boxen
anyone else ever use csh?
I'm not saying we need this list deluged with c questions, I just think being
helpful to our fellow Linux users is what a lug is for...
                                   feel free to call me
				Matty

Silence is not always tact and it is tact that is golden, not silence.
						-Samuel Butler 1912