Nicolai Rosen on Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:21:01 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] History of Perl

Interesting little coincidental publishing afoot. Here's a bit of the history of Perl straight from the camel's mouth. And Larry Wall's unusally coherent in this piece. I found it quite readible. Not the usual over-esoteric babble his writing resembles (oh, and that reminds me of another difference between perl and python if whoever was trying to decide between the two is still listening. Everybody involved in perl is insane. Certifiable. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing. Or a good thing. I'm just calling it as I see it):

http://www.linux-mag.com/1999-10/uncultured_01.html

It's entitled:
Uncultured Perl
Perl's creator shares his thoughts on a subversive lifecycle