Michael W. Ryan on Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:52:39 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] History of Perl

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Adam Turoff wrote:

> Does python still have the 'ni' keyword?

Actually, "ni" (as in the Knight Who Say)  wasn't a keyword but the
original module that provided package behavior (a la Java and, I think,
Perl).  Packages are now a standard part of the import code (ni basically
replaced the import functionality), but I'm pretty sure the ni package is
still around for backwards compatability.

Monty Python reference do abound though, in the language, the standard
libraries, and even in third party packages.  For example, there's a
package called "Terry" that is a Python API for Pixar's RenderMan (a
Norwegian Blue to the person who gets the reference).

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)