Darxus on Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:29:42 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] farewell

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, lord_dArk wrote:
>
> > Last recent few I remember:
> > DeCSS, Distro War (Debian vs. Redhat), package managers (rpm vs. apt-get),
> > scripting languages (Perl vs. Python)..
> > All of these were mostly mud slinging, which is obviously not productive
> > at all..
>
> Actually, I disagree.  I found the RPM-apt-get discussion rather
> informative.  I know know how apt-get works.  I would also say that there
> was some things learned about Perl and Python.

I agree with Michael.  We may not always be politically correct, or
excessively polite, but I think that actually causes our discussions to be
more productive.  The DeCSS thing *is* a touchy subject, and I think some
heated disagreements reguarding it are to be expected.

Nobody's been killed, I think we're doing well :)
                      "There is no spoon."