Charles Stack on Sun, 16 Jan 2000 21:01:20 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] Quake

I was given Quake as a gift for X-mas.  Trying to install it was a real
bugger...missing libs and such.  Eventually, I started the X version.  Aside
from doing funky things to the display (like changing all the other window's
strange colors when the Quake window was active, it runs pretty well.
Occassionally, it would crap out and die..but for the most part, it ran
pretty well.

Have others encountered these same issues?  I'm running RH 6.2.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of lord_dArk
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2000 6:38 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Quake

Yep, just setup Linux Quake (ya might also want to read the Quake-HOWTO as
it doesn't work on most newer distros without some tweaking as it was
built libc5, dynamic) and copy the *.pak files where they belong.. the
only real difference afaik between the shareware and registered version is
the BIG pak file..

	--Barry

--
I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error. Be thankful you are not my student. You would not get a