Bill Jonas on Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:02:01 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] escaping on teh commandline..

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Vale Kenny wrote:
>
> > again, this is probably old hat to most of you, but the key for me was
the

> Good, now try creating a file beginning with "-" (in vi or something), and
> try deleting it from the commandline :)
> (frequent problem when mass downloading porn)

Wouldn't you just

    $ rm "-filename"

?

:)

Bill
difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind -
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."            - Gene
Spafford,1992